The New Jersey Indoor Amateur Open @ Mercer Bucks Pickleball Club
From 2100 players in 2022 to nearly 10,000 participants in 2023, the Amateur Pickleball Association has become one of the largest tours focused on the amateur player from 2.5-5.0. The New Jersey Indoor Amateur Open will take place at Mercer Bucks Pickleball Club for the second straight year. This event is open to all players from 2.5-5.0 with events broken down by skill level first and then age division dependent on the total number of teams/players registered within each skill level of play. All teams/players will compete in a minimum of 5 games during each event with some divisions playing as many as 10-12 games based on the event format and number of teams in attendance. Sign up for this tournament now to save your spot!
Registration Rates – Early Bird $75 for first event, $45 for second event available until January 29th. $10 increase on each event at that time.
Schedule – this is a one day only tournament with Doubles and Mixed Doubles both taking place on Sunday February 18th. Doubles divisions will begin first thing in the morning with Mixed Doubles to follow. The exact start times will vary by division and be confirmed on Wednesday the week of the event with the schedule release. Singles play may become available if room permits but will NOT be guaranteed until the week of the event.
Format – there is a 5 game guarantee in place; single game round-robin matches played to 11, win by 2, for doubles; consolation brackets/games will maintain this format while the Gold/Silver/Bronze medal bracket transitions to a single game match to 15, win by 2. Singles will include rally scoring to 21, win by 2, during all games.
– This event is open to all skill levels as we will set matches based on skill level, then age.
– Select the appropriate Skill Rating during registration so we can match play accordingly.
– Exact format is dictated by attendance with expectations having Round-Robin match play followed by bracket play for all participants.
– Championship brackets will include awards for participants finishing 1st-3rd within their division.
– No partner? Please indicate “need” for your preferred partner during the registration process and we will make every attempt to find a partner for you.
– Complete schedule/draw will be released the Wednesday prior to the start of the event with registration closing on that Tuesday.
Register for 3 or more events in one purchase and receive $5 off each tournament.
Interested in becoming a sponsor for 1965 Group? Reach out to us to learn how you can help further the growth of the amazing game of Pickleball.