The Richmond Amateur Open @ Chesterfield Technical Center
The next Amateur Pickleball Association Tournament is coming up fast! The Richmond Amateur Open tournament will be held at the Chesterfield Technical Center Pickleball Courts Aug 12-13th. This event is open to all levels of play from Juniors, Collegiate, and Open Series participants from 3.0-5.0 competing in singles, doubles and mixed doubles play. This tournament will feature round-robin play, followed by medal/bracket play, with games to 11, win by 2 during round-robin and medal matches going to 15, win by 2. All teams/players will compete in a minimum of 5 games during each event they register to compete in. Sign up for this tournament now to save your spot. We hope to see you there!
Registration Rates – Early Bird $65 for first event, $30 for second event, $15 for third event available until July 7th. $10 increase on first event at that time ($75).
Schedule – we are expecting to play gender doubles on Saturday, mixed doubles on Sunday and singles play will be on one of the two days depending on skill level and attendance.
Ball – Elite-40 by PCKL
– This event is open to all skill levels as we will set matches with “like abilities” within each division.
– Select the appropriate Skill Rating during registration so we can match play accordingly.
– Exact format is dictated by attendance with expectations having Round-Robin match play followed by bracket play for all participants. Round-robin matches will be single game matches played to 11, win by 2, with medal matches being single game matches played to 15, win by 2.
– No partner? We will make an attempt to help assist those in need of partners…we will set partners for matches based on common skill level. Be sure to list your “preferred partner” during the registration process.
– Individual awards for participants that finish 1st-3rd in the championship bracket draw.
– Complete schedule/draw will be released the Wednesday prior to the start of the event.
Register for 3 or more events in one purchase and receive $5 off each tournament.
Interested in becoming a sponsor for 1965 Group? Reach out to us to learn how you can help further the growth of the amazing game of Pickleball.